Friday, July 8, 2011

Book Review: Miss Match

Miss Match by Erynn Mangum is an ebook I got for free for my Nook app.  It's about a 23-year-old self-proclaimed stay-single-forever girl named Laurie who delights in getting other couples together.  I really enjoyed reading this book!  I even sneaked in a few minutes of reading on my phone when my iPad was not available.

Pros:  Very funny.  I'm talking truly Laugh Out Loud funny!  I caught myself grinning just in anticipation of reading what was going to happen next!  Erynn Mangum is a clever writer with a terrific sense of humor.  It's a very clean book, and is a Christian story.  There are two sequels which I really want to read simply because I enjoyed this book so much!

Cons:  The book alludes to Calvinist doctrine which I do not believe in.  I can overlook it because I know what I believe, and I can just ignore it.  The verses quoted are not King James Bible.  Again, easy enough to skip.  From a separated Christian viewpoint, the people do not have the same standards as I do.  However, there's no mention of cussing, drinking, or anything else like that.

Overall, I would recommend this book.  Just keep in mind the cons listed above.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly