Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Product Review: Sony BabyCall Monitor

When I was pregnant with my daughter Gracie, I spent hours at the local Babies-R-Us (as well as the baby departments of Walmart, Target, etc.) trying to decide on all of the items to get for my little one.  My husband and I knew that we would get a monitor of some sort.  Robert wanted to get a video monitor, but I didn't really see a need for it. (Now that she's an adventurous toddler, I can see where the video monitor would be helpful!)  We kind of procrastinated getting one.  Then, one morning, I had gotten up and was checking email on the computer and went back to my bedroom to check on Gracie.  She was hollering her little head off.  I felt terrible because I had not heard her.  She probably had not been crying all that long, but I still felt terrible.  I did some research, read a lot of comments on Amazon, and settled on the Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor.

The Sony BabyCall Nursery monitor is a fantastic monitor!  It is highly sensitive to sound and can amplify sound enough to wake up the dead.  I like to keep it on wide open high volume so I don't miss anything, plus to make sure she wakes me up.  When the central a/c/heat is on, we can actually hear that noise as well.  It acts almost like a white noise machine.

It is a durable monitor.  Somehow, ours got a scratch on the front, and the antenna on the receiver is somewhat coming out (the antenna is not supposed to be used as a handle, but it's so convenient!), but it still works great.  If Gracie bangs it on the table, the channel settings can get out of place.  That's an easy fix, though, and she doesn't do it anymore.  I have to be careful not to have my iPhone lying too close to it or the monitor will spew forth snap, crackle, pop sounds when the iPhone is fetching data.

All in all, I highly recommend this monitor.  The only thing I wish I had done differently was to get two receivers.  If we have a boy in the future, I will get another monitor just like this one, will set the channels the same and will use the two receivers in two different rooms (my bedroom and the living room).

Disclaimer:  I was not compensated in any way for this product review.  All opinions expressed are my own.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly