Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lengthening Dresses for Little Girls


I've been noticing a problem with Gracie's clothes:  they are too short!  I don't know if it's because on the percentile charts she is "tall and skinny" (I don't know who she gets that from; neither Robert nor I are tall or skinny!) or if little girl dresses just tend to run on the short side.  I prefer for our dresses and skirts to be knee length or longer.  I also just do not like it when Gracie's diaper or bloomers show.
The dress on the right is a particular favorite of mine.  I just love Winnie the Pooh!  However, it is too short for my preferences.  I had the idea to buy some ruffled lace and attach it to the bottom.  I think it turned out really cute!

The dress on the left is another cute dress that is too short.  I didn't even think about lengthening it (it's mostly a play dress) until I went to iron it.  I used a wider lace on it, and I think it made it even cuter than it was!  Paired with a short-sleeve undershirt, it could even be worn to church.

Not all dresses can be lengthened this way.  Much of it depends on the style of the dress.  However, I am really pleased with how these turned out!

Here are more pictures with Gracie wearing the altered dresses:




Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly