Friday, June 15, 2012

Cream of Something Mix

I have referred to this recipe in at least one other post in the past, but thought I would put it in a separate post to make it easy to find.

Ingredients:


1 cup non-fat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup bouillon*
4 Tablespoons freeze dried minced onions
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon pepper
For the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1-1/4 cup water. Cook until thick.
*I couldn't find bouillon in the soup aisle of Walmart.  However, I looked in the Latino section and found some there.  This worked out better because it's a larger bottle of powdered bouillon instead of the cubes which would have to be crushed and ground up.  I used the chicken flavor since I've never heard of anybody needing "cream of beef soup."

 I like to use this for my Chicken and Rice Bake.  I will be posting a newly-revised version of that recipe next week.  Stay tuned!





Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly