Thursday, August 23, 2012

Memory Box

This project was based on an idea I saw on Pinterest; however, I can't find the pin!  Update: I found the pin! YAY!  I always like to give credit when I can.
















I made this Memory Box which holds cards for each day of the year.  Whenever something special or significant happens, I write about it on the card for that day and label it by the year.  In truth, most of these are "mommy memories" which won't mean anything to anybody besides me (except maybe Gracie's Grandma!).

My Memory Box sits on my computer desk. (Like the shoe? My grandma gave that to me years ago.  We both love old-timey things!)
I finally found this box at Big Lots.  I actually saw another one that I liked better, but it cost more than what I wanted to spend.  This box only cost $4.  The memories it holds = priceless!



For now, the box holds one card for each day of the year.  I hope that I will continue to use it for many years to come and will be able to add cards for each day.  Until the space is used up, I put some foam behind the cards to help hold them up.  I plan on wrapping the foam in some matching material.



I used my old wall calendars to mark down events from previous years.  I had written things down rather than in Gracie's baby book because that was quicker and easier.  "One day" I will transfer them into her baby book.

This project was very easy to do, just a little bit time-consuming to write the dates on each card.  I also put family birthdays and holidays on the cards when appropriate.

Some days I will think of something that Gracie has said or done but do not remember the exact date or time frame.  I write it down, anyway.

Source:
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. You're back! *Muah Muah* (Kiss on each cheek! lol!) I missed you!:) I love the idea! I have many things on old calendars and I just saved the calendars in a box. This is prettier and more complete. I'm waiting for your post on the colored pasta...hint hint. lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! It's nice to be missed! I'm really looking forward to reliving memories as the days go by in years to come. Already, there are a couple of cards that have things written for 2010, 2011, and 2012!

      LOL! I kinda forgot about the colored pasta. I will try to blog about that next week. Feel free to remind me if you don't see anything about it.

      Delete
  2. I have lot of card on each stage even ur scan pics ... when u start walking sitting lot more in book which is allready looking very bulk
    ... so this is nice idea ....

    ReplyDelete

PrintFriendly