Friday, February 17, 2012

Product Review: White Balance Lens Cap

I started this post last October intending on saving it as a draft, but instead published an incomplete post. Sorry about that!

One of the challenges of learning photography is being able to correct White Balance. For those of you that don't know anything about it, this is being able to have the colors appear "true" and not distorted by different wavelengths of light. Objects will appear to be different colors in different types of light (fluorescent, incandescent, sunshine, etc.). When the White Balance is off, you can get some crazy color casts in your photos which can be a major pain challenge to try to correct.

I did a search and found the following link which was a big help in deciding whether or not I should get a White Balance Lens Cap.

How Photojojo's White Balance Lens Cap is Saving Both My Sanity and Editing Time

Here are the links to the White Balance Lens Caps that I bought (one for each lens that I own):

58 mm

67 mm

Unfortunately, I lost the smaller White Balance Lens Cap when we went to Florida. However, I can still use the larger one over the smaller lens. One day, when I get around to it, I'll buy another one of the smaller White Balance Lens Caps.

I don't have any pictures to show you at this time to show what a difference it makes (go to the first link to view her photos), but I'm very happy with the results. It is VERY easy to set the White Balance using the caps.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly