Friday, November 25, 2011

Cream of Wheat Muffins

I am not a morning person.  At all.  I cannot even think about doing anything resembling cooking until I've been up for a couple of hours or four or five.  So, I am a big fan of quick and easy, painless and no-thought breakfasts.

When I was a little girl, my mom used to fix cream of wheat for me sometimes.  I don't know what she did to it, but she made it taste so good!  I have never been able to replicate it.  (I guess I should ask, huh?)  I found this recipe for Cream of Wheat Muffins on Pinterest and put it on my Menu Plan to make.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup dry cream of wheat (I used the whole grain version.)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil (I didn't have enough vegetable oil so I made up the difference with olive oil.)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients and stir together until moistened.  Pour batter into a greased or paper-lined muffin tin.  Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes.

These muffins were OK.  I prefered to eat them with butter as they were rather bland to me.  Gracie liked them.  They are very crumbly and make a horrible mess when little ones eat them.  Robert liked them better when he found out they were made with cream of wheat and so are rather healthy.

Original Source:
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly