Friday, December 16, 2011

7-Up Biscuits

I got this recipe from Plain Chicken, a new-to-me blog that has some really great recipes.  I made these on a Saturday and they were devoured by my family.  Robert made them again on Monday!









Ingredients:

2 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-Up
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Melt butter in a 9" square pan.

Cut sour cream into Bisquick.  Add 7-up.  Mix.  This will make a soft dough.

Sprinkle additional Bisquick (or flour) onto your board or table.  Pat dough out and cut into biscuit circles.  (I have a set of biscuit cutters, but my mom always used the open end of a glass.  Actually she hand-rolled biscuits, but used the glass for other things.  Sorry for the tangent.)

Place cut biscuits into the pan on top of the butter.  Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Note:  I used a 8" square pan which was not big enough for all of the dough.  Hmmm....maybe I should've kept the dough thicker.  That would make a whole lot more sense and make higher biscuits.  Anyway, when Robert made them, he put the dough in a 9x13" pan.  I don't think he bothered to cut them out.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly