Friday, December 2, 2011

Quick-Fix Beef Burrito Skillet

This fabulous recipe came from Kraft Foods Food & Family magazine.  Both Robert and I really liked it.  It's very easy to make and only requires using one skillet.










Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 package Taco Seasoning Mix (I used two heaping tablespoons of the Taco Seasoning Mix that I had made up -- see yesterday's post.)
1 can (19 oz.) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 cup Taco Bell Home Originals Salsa (I used the salsa I already had on hand.)
1 cup water
4 flour tortillas (6 inch) cut into 1-1/2" squares
1 cup Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup chopped green onions

1.  Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
2.  Add seasoning mix, beans, salsa, and water; stir.  Bring to boil.  Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 5 minutes.
3.  Stir in tortillas; top with cheese.  Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Top with sour cream and onions.

I don't think I covered it and let stand for five minutes.  I think I topped with the cheese and then topped with sour cream and onions.  It still came out great!
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly