Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Questions

My blogging friend Laurie over at Everyday Grace posted these Christmas Questions.  She got them from A Peek into My Life.  I thought I'd participate, too!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
It depends on how much of a hurry I'm in.  I wrap most of my gifts, but sometimes I will use gift bags.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I like the idea of a real tree:  the wonderful smell and the fun of picking out just the right on.  The reality of a real tree:  falling needles, the need to keep it watered, etc.  I've had my little fake tree for about 10 years.

3. When do you put up the tree?
I put up the tree as soon as Robert gets the Christmas stuff out from where we have it stored.


4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually the week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

5. Do you like eggnog?
My mom either made or bought eggnog when I was younger and I liked it.  I don't think I've had it since.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My favorite childhood Christmas was when I was 8 years old.  "Santa Claus" brought me a life-size old-fashioned wooden cradle, wooden table and chairs, and a new baby doll.  The cradle had a pillow mattress, quilt, and quilted pillow.  The table had a red-and-white gingham tablecloth.  These were all handmade by my dad and mom.  I still have the cradle.  It's in my daughter's room and houses her stuffed animals.  My mom has the little table.  It used to be a TV stand and now it's a stereo table.  I had to reinforce the legs with nails.  The little chairs are long gone.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
I would have to say a toss-up between my husband and my sister-in-law Karen.  Robert because he always says not to get him anything or not to spend a lot on him.  The one thing he asked me to get is a battery for his remote control helicopter.  Karen is somewhat hard because every year I ask my brother what to get her and he says "chocolate"!  SHE may enjoy getting chocolate every year, but I'm tired of giving it!  LOL!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My daughter.  Right now, I buy her things that I would like for her to have.  She usually enjoys them, though.  The "readers" in my family are easy, too.  I know what kind of e-readers they have so I give them gift cards to go with.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have several.  My favorite is the Little People Nativity Play Set that I got Gracie last year.  She has enjoyed playing with it this year as well.  It's missing the sheep and that kinda bugs me.  I hope we find it somewhere.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I mail them out.  For years I have wanted to do a Christmas Letter, but I have never found the time to do it.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I really can't remember.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)?
My favorite "new to me" movie is The Polar Express.  I would totally love to ride a rollercoaster based on that train!  I also love the Rudolph movies.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
That varies from year to year.  I'm getting a late start this year, somewhat.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I'm not sure.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Sweet Potato Pie and Martha Washington Candy.  Oh, and fudge!

16. Lights on the tree?
They are clear lights that light up in random patterns.

17.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Depends on if I'm pregnant.  We usually travel down to my mom's at some point during the holidays.  Sometimes, we'll travel to my brother's or my husband's brother or to my sister-in-law's.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
When I was a kid, I remember BEGGING to open at least one gift on Christmas Eve.  We never did until I was a young adult.  My mom worked at a convenience store and had to work on Christmas morning.  We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve, and somehow, it just wasn't as fun.  Beginning last year, we now open one gift on Christmas Eve which is our Christmas pajamas.  (Robert and I will be opening the same pj's as last year - Gracie will never know the difference!)
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly