Monday, April 2, 2012

Garlic Chicken Puffs

I found a couple of different pins on Pinterest of these Garlic Chicken Puffs.  I made them last week for an appetizer for the March Madness Games.  (Any excuse to make a new, yummy-looking recipe!)

Tangent: As of Saturday night, March 24th, all four of my Final Four picks are in the running.  Robert's picks have all been eliminated.  I only watched about 10 minutes of a game between Ohio State and North Carolina.  Gracie had a blast copying me cheering "O-Hi-O!  O-Hi-O!"

Ingredients:
1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
4 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tubes of crescent rolls

Directions:

Mix together the chicken, cream cheese, and garlic powder.

Open up the crescent rolls and cut each triangle in half.  Put a teaspoonful of chicken mix in the triangle and pull the corners up to make a little bag.  I made mine so that all of the chicken was enclosed, but the picture shows where the chicken mix is spilling out.

The recipe said that this will be enough for two tubes of crescent rolls, but I guess I put too much because one tube took care of most of the chicken.


Note:  To prepare the chicken, I baked two chicken breasts at 350 for 35 minutes.  I then put them in my Kitchen Aid mixer to shred them using the paddle attachment.  This made 1-1/2 cups of chicken.

Robert declared it a Keeper Recipe and two thumbs up. I thought they were good, too.  Gracie wouldn't even try it.

I made them again a couple of days later.  Robert had the idea of inserting a cheddar cheese cube in each puff, so I tried that.  I cut each cube in half and wrapped the chicken-cheese mixture around it before putting in the crescent rolls.  This turned out so good!!  I liked it much better than the original recipe.  The only problem is that, apparently, I didn't seal the seams up completely because the cheddar cheese leaked out on some of them.  They were still quite good!














Original Source:
Source: carddit.com via Ava on Pinterest
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly