Monday, January 2, 2012

Cowboy Casserole

This is a recipe that I found in the August/September 2010 issue of Taste of Home magazine.  I made it sometime before Christmas.  I'm not sure exactly when.  December was kind of a blurry month for me.









Ingredients:
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 can (8-3/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (I substituted the Cream of Something Soup mix mentioned in this post.)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/3 cup 2% milk (I used whole milk which is what I have on hand for my daughter.)
2 Tbs sour cream
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups frozen Tater Tots (I used southern style hashbrowns which is what I already had.)

Preheat oven at 375 F.

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.  Stir in the corn, soup, 1/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder, and pepper. [Yes, I see that you do not drain the fat off of the ground beef.  I'm pretty sure I didn't do that.]

Place 1 cup Tater Tots (or hashbrowns) in a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Layer with beef mixture and remaining Tater Tots; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.  Bake uncovered at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

I remember making this; I remember eating this; I do not remember if I loved it or just liked it.  Robert had a mildly positive reaction to it.  I will put this in my Keeper Recipe file and we'll see how it does the second time around.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I make a similar hashbrown casserole without the ground beef and corn. I've toyed with the idea of adding beef or sausage for an all in one meal. You've inspired me to go for it! :)

    By the way, thanks for stopping by Stephanie's Mommy Brain tonight.

    ReplyDelete

PrintFriendly