Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crunchy Chicken Tenders

Every once in a while, I'll get a set of recipe cards in the mail from a company that wants you to join their recipe card club.  I usually pull out the sample cards of recipes that sound good and throw the rest away.  I'm not sure what company this comes from, but in teeny tiny writing it says "c. International Masters Publishers AB. Customer Service 877-627-2853  mygreatrecipes.com"  (I don't know a thing about that company; I haven't even visited that website.)



Ingredients:

Chicken:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. onion flakes
2 tsp. dry mustard  (I forgot that I had thrown out my expired container, so I squirted prepared mustard into the mixture.)
1 cup butter cracker crumbs (about 23 round crackers)
2 Tbs. sesame seeds
14 oz. chicken tenders, patted dry (The only package I could get was 18 oz., so I increased the amounts of these ingredients by approximately 25%.)

Dip:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley  (I used dried parsley.)
3/4 tsp. seasoned salt  (I didn't have any, so I used either a cajun blend or chipotle blend, can't remember which.)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Grease a baking sheet. (I sprayed Pam.)

Combine 2/3 cup mayonnaise, the onion flakes, and dry mustard (or in my case, prepared mustard) in a shallow bowl and mix well.

Combine the cracker crumbs and sesame seeds in another shallow bowl and mix well.

Dip the chicken tenders in the mayonnaise mixture, then coat with the cracker crumb mixture.

Arrange the chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake, turning once halfway through baking, until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife, 12-15 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the dip ingredients in a small bowl.  Mix well.  Serve with the chicken tenders.

This was good.  Robert gave it two thumbs up.  Gracie would not try it.  She's soooo picky!  The only thing I didn't like about it is that it wasn't really that crunchy.  I think there may be some sort of technique error that I don't know about.  Also, the dip (for me) was too much dip.  I would cut it by at least a third.  I also would probably use onion powder instead of chopped onion because when I dipped my chicken, I never did pick up any real onion.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly