Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mexican Lasagna

This was a rather unique dish.  We enjoyed it.  I didn't think to take any pictures of it.












Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey or beef
14 ounces tomato sauce
4 Tablespoons taco seasoning mix
2-3/4 ounces Durkee French Fried onions
12 ounces cottage cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 flour tortillas

Brown meat and drain.  Add tomato sauce and taco seasoning.  Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.  Stir in 1/2 of the French Fried onions.

In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and egg.

Line bottom of pan (I used a 9x13 glass pan) and sides with tortillas.  Spoon meat mixture on the tortillas.  Top with three more tortillas, then add cheese mixture.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.  Sprinkle remaining cheese and onions in center of casserole.  Bake uncovered for 5 more minutes.

Note:  This was actually better, in my opinion, as leftovers.  Ever since my pregnancy with Gracie, I've been funny about eating eggs.  The mixture of cottage cheese and egg was kinda strange, but edible the first time around.  As leftovers, it was really good.  I don't think I put half the onions in the mix and half on top. I think I overlooked that and just mixed all of them in.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly