Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spiced Cider

In general I'm not a huge fan of hot drinks -- with two exceptions:  hot chocolate and hot apple cider.  I found this Spiced Cider on Pinterest and was glad when we had a cold spell so that I could make it!









Spiced Cider

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple cider
1 cup orange juice
1 Tbs lemon juice
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp ground cloves

Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.  Turn down heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes or keep warm on low.  Strain and serve.

My husband bought the apple cider and since I didn't specify a quantity, he came back with a half-gallon jug of it.  This turned out great because it was enough to keep me happy without feeling like I had to drink the whole thing before it went bad.  I don't think my husband is quite the fan of hot apple cider that I am.  So, I more or less halved the recipe, with the exception of the cinnamon.  Without thinking, I put in 3 whole cinnamon sticks (which I broke in half), and I guestimated on the lemon juice and it was probably more like 1 Tbs.

It turned out very good!  It's not so good when it has cooled down, but it's easy to warm back up in the microwave.

I look forward to enjoying this recipe for many years.

Original Source:
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PrintFriendly